Just as well it was dead.

auquhollie

Was called out last night to deal with some vermin that was causing problems around a local sheep farm, manely fox but a few gulls as well. We arrived about half seven and parked up on a raised bank at the back of the farm. With the landy in position we sat there with a flask of coffee and glassed the two 30 acre parks used for lambing. An hour went buy and nowt really showed up, As Ian (bruxiehill) was glassing the parks he spotted a black backed seagul sitting on the head of a yew. I popped out the rifle onto the bonnet to have a look. It ranged in at 500 yards give or take a few yards either way. Not having the drop chart out with us i used the varmint reticle and giving it a few inches for wind squesed off a shot. A distant thud was heard and not seing the strike i asked Ian is it dead ?. Too wich he replied no its flying away but the yew is ;)

On closer inspection it was the same dead yew that was there the other night and it was a chewed up carcass. :D . Well nowt else turned up and we headed in. On the way in we spotted several roe on my stalking ground. A big buck with a nice head. Ide say a medal head anyway so he will be off soon. ;)

Ads

Hello Adam hope you new it was dead before you shot? :rolleyes: & i hate those gulls the blow up well with the 22.250.

It sure was mate. Well if it wasnt is certainly is now ;)

Archived