First buck with the 6mm

Was kindly invited out by a good friend of mine yesterday evening to stalk his patch, so after checking my zero on a 120 yardish woodpigeon i was all set.

We arrived at the ground at it was fantastic roe ground, riparian zones stretching up the penines my host told me what the crack was with the ground and where to go, so we wandered off and split up as the stream split. I followed the stream uphill onto a large area of replanted hardwoods where i saw a doe infront of me about 400 yards in where a big gully had formed i knew with the wind direction that i would have to go round the top edge of the gully to keep the wind right. Stalked on for another half mile or so with no sign of the doe then in the bottom of the gully i saw antlers glint in the evening sunshine, checked with the bins to find a fantastic 6 pointer just out of velvet, i stalked to about 110 yards from him, nelt down and got set up on the sticks. I was amazed just watching him as he had no idea i was looking down from above him. I let the buck fever settel down and slowly braught the cross hairs behind his shoulder and squeezed, i heard the flop of the bullet over the top of the modded BR and he dropper like a sack of apples, the doe then came into sight as she ran up from below him not knowin what had happened, i watched her from the same point from which i took the shot for a good 10 minutes untill i got up to walk to and gralloch the buck. I was very happy with the first deer for the 6mm BR and for the sights which i had seen during the evening. The Moment that topped the night off was the sight of a big sow badger rollong moss down into her set whilst walking back to the truck!

Will get some photos posted once i recive them off my mates phone!

Archived