How many times does it happen like this???

beattie 16

Had phone call other night from the local farmer who had lost 6 lambs. He phoned at 8pm, so I said I would go out with the light that night. Got ready with rifle and lamp (2506 tika) and off we went at 9pm.

Went straight to field where lambs where getting killed, put light on and lo and behold straight in front of me about 160 yards stood the killer. :lol: Soon as the light hut him he took off, an old dog fox. His mistake was stopping to look back when he got to the fence, had him in my scope, fired and stopped the lamb killer in his tracks. <_< Took the fox to show farmer, got some praise, a nice cup of coffee, and was home in bed by 10.10pm!!!

May i also add that I dont usually bother the foxes at this time of year for obvious reasons but as there was damage getting done, had no choice.

Job well done.!! :lol:

(If only it was as easy as that all the time!)

Tam

When we got to our first farm last night we spied a car parked up on a lane,so we had a toddle up & found another guy who also had permission out after Charlie.

After a quick chat we decided to go onto the next farm but when we passed his car my buddy lit up Reynard 50yds into the field,out I jump,plonk the T3 on the bonnet & he's in the bag (now at 120yds).

The other guy pulls up & tells us he's been here 3 hours & seen diddly squat,quite perplexed he was that we'd bagged in 5 mins. :D

Didn't see owt else & got rained off 2 hours later.

Gran

Archived