Retubing nv

matchking

I have a longbow style nv scope and was wondering what the cost of putting a nice Gen3 tube in it would be? And who could carry the work out.

Cheers Seanepen

Hi Sean, sorry my info was wrong :unsure: you will need a mx10130D or a tube from a kite

Hi Sean, A nice gen3 would be either be a mx10160 cost £1000 + depending on condition next would be a mx11769 cost £1500 + depending on condition and availability , best way would be to buy an Envis or PVS-14 Monocular and take the tube out and sell the body.

There is a number of people in the UK that could fit the tube for you at a very reasonable price, you would need to PM me for contact details.

You could go to Starlight and get one of their image intensifiers, here is their 2012 price list so might of gone up now

3RD GEN (D GRADE) 1669.99

3RD GEN (C GRADE) 2249.99

3rdGEN (B GRADE) 2499.99

3rd GEN (A GRADE) 2999.99

3RD FILMLESS (A++ GRADE) 6999.99

none off the above unless starlight's filmless comes in the right format..but then you need a bank loan :blink: ...the longbow takes a non inverted tube.. the one you want is the 10130D....

Hi Sean, sorry my info was wrong :unsure: you will need a mx10130D or a tube from a kite

kite tube wont fit wrong format....I presume that all the tubes listed above from starlight are ex kite tubes :D ..with the exception off the filmless tube...the tube you want is a 10130D..or a good DEP 1451..possibly the tube that's in it

kite tube wont fit wrong format....I presume that all the tubes listed above from starlight are ex kite tubes :D ..with the exception off the filmless tube...the tube you want is a 10130D..or a good DEP 1451..possibly the tube that's in it

Well got all my info wrong lol so i phoned a lad up who does some work on starlights units and as you said the 10130 will fit but apparently you need to do some milling work to the longbow as the 10130 is slightly bigger in diameter :wacko: i will stick to my pvs-14 :)

Well got all my info wrong lol so i phoned a lad up who does some work on starlights units and as you said the 10130 will fit but apparently you need to do some milling work to the longbow as the 10130 is slightly bigger in diameter :wacko: i will stick to my pvs-14 :)

spot on :D

I had a PVS and sold it, It was good unit but didn't like taking it off and on all the time. I now use a Drone and thermal but have this scope stuck about me.Don;t know whether to sell it or get re tubed. It is good for around 150 yards with a good IR but the Drone is as good at that distance. Julian at starlight didn't seem that keen to put a new tube in it.

Regards Sean

Archived