Updated Vihtavuori Reloading Guide

Laurie

A revised Viht loads data manual is now available for perusal and/or download, Number 13:

http://www.vihtavuori.com/upload/guide-and-brochure/vihtavuorireloadingguideed13_2014engwww.pdf

The company has added .300 AAC Blackout and .221 Rem Fireball, and has also provided more .260 Rem combinations. 6.5X47L seems to have grown a lot too since I last looked at the factory sheets.

Hells on wheels Les. It's only taken the Finns a decade to discover that there's a demand for 7mm match bullets (and one of the two new Lapua Scenar Ls is a relatively low BC 150 at that), so you can't expect Viht to discover .284 Win this side of 2024 surely?

Seriously, I was disappointed too. But never fear, almost as we speak I am doing load development with the cartridge including N150, N160, and N165, maybe sneak some N560 loads in too with 180s. (Scrub N150, as even with the aforementioned 150 Scenar, I struggled to open the bolt with my starting load so the higher charge lots all got taken home and pulled.)

Hi Laurie, will be down to Diggle in a few weeks (mid week visit) to break in the new barrel using 180gr Berger Hybrids using Viht N160, so will start of at 54 grains which I believe you recommended to start from. Will look forward to seeing your results in Targetshooter mag.

PS. Did you have your Spandex cycling shorts on today in the TDF???

That (54gn) was N165, Les. You'll be struggling with the bolt handle too with N160 methinks! Spandex? TDF? Has that something to with cycling?

thought that you might have got the Spandex/Lycra cycling shorts on!!!

Hmmm ... getting them on would be hard. Getting them off without scissors worse. Riding a bike in them (UP THEM YORKSHIRE HILLS!!) ... NOT A CHANCE! (I'd never be the same jovial hail-fellow-well-met-miserable-old-sod again afterwards!)

Archived