nice evening for a walk (with a .204 ruger)

craigyboy

went for a dander yesterday evening on one of my favorite shoots and took the cooper along in hope of anyhting that might pop up at long range, first off got a crow at a smidge over 200 yards, he was the biggest out of the flock that were down so he was singled out and got a feed of sierra blitzking.

STP60692.jpg

This shot was from a cold clean barrel, these blitzkings really like my rifle, they shoot straight from a clean barrel which no other bullet has done yet, in my rifle, cant ask for much better than that. Didnt see much else for a while so went to another part of the farm way up on the hill, I spotted three rabbits at 320 yards in a little marsh, this was a long shot for me as I hadnt shot further than 250 yards before, but knew the drop and windage at this range so was happy enough to take the shot, I added about 6 inches of elavation and with a good 10mph wind put in about 4 inches of wind, first shot the rabbit run off so though I had missed but one of the other rabbits stayed, held slightly higher and boom he rolled over, I was happy enough to hit one at 320 yards. When I got down I found the rabbit from the second shot where I expected, I had also took note fo where the first rabbit that I had missed was just incase, what I found was a pile of rabbit inards and a rabbit sprawled out at the end of them, he obviously forgot he was dead and decided to run a bit, so I was even happier when I realized I hit hem both.

STP60701.jpg

heres is where I shot them from, they were just down in the left corner about 50 yards form the water edge(nowhere near that house you see up on the hill saftey, safety), beautiful views from these parts, you can see the mourne mountains in the background, they are about 15 miles up the road.

STP60695.jpg

enjoyed myself last nite, always nice to be out and about the countryside.

Some nice scenery and good to hear you are having fun at the longer ranges :lol: :lol:

All the best................

RAY....................... :(:lol:

Good stuff craig certainly gives you a buzz when you make contact at those longrange shots excelent looking ground as well

Archived