nikon monarch 6.5-20x44 - are these any good and how much are they worth?

googlemad

What do you intend to use it for and on what rifle/calibre? How much is the askig price? A quick search on google shows some pretty good reviews. From what I can pick up this is the older model with AO and was priced at £399 but a lot cheaper in the states, from the spec you supply I'd guess at it being a very close relation (if not rebadged) Simmons

It's actually mounted on a daystate air ranger in FAC .22

Asking price is £200. I see terry doe some years back gave it a good review for a air gun magazine but just wanted to know if the asking price is ok and if there were better scopes on the market that could be bought for the same price or less

As I said, I completely lost with scopes, I've no idea what I'm buying so help is needed.

It's actually mounted on a daystate air ranger in FAC .22

Asking price is £200. I see terry doe some years back gave it a good review for a air gun magazine but just wanted to know if the asking price is ok and if there were better scopes on the market that could be bought for the same price or less

As I said, I completely lost with scopes, I've no idea what I'm buying so help is needed.

It's probably OK optically if the review was positive.Check it suits you-essentially does it look good when you use it?For an iir rifle,e are in 'up to 75 yards' territory.Do you want just a cross hair,or a couple of extra cross lines which will be additional zeros at different ranges.If you are dialling in,does the scope have easy click dials (not needing a tool)...side focus is always good to have.Illuminated may/not be desireable.Only you can decide which of these features you want,and of course how much you will pay for them.You don't need an expensive scope on an air rifle-indeed it might be a mistake-but there are some features you need to consider....and it's really a bit subjective.....

Gbal

Archived