Howa synthetic

abolter

my mate bought a .243 howa in hogue stock and the fore end is as floppy as the top of an old welly. He is struggling to group and I am sure its cos the slightest pressure and the barrel touches the fore end.

Are they all like this?

Can it be stiffened?

what would eb a cheap replacement stock if it cant be stiffened?

Hi abolter

I also had a hogue stocked howa and had similar problems, although it didn't group all that badly it didn't inspire confidence, so I replaced the hogue with a boyds laminate from the states and while I'm sure there are better stocks available, I think it only cost around £140 by the time shipping and taxes had been paid.

It needed some light sanding around the action inlet for a good fit and would probably benefit from bedding when funds allow but so far so good.

The other option I looked at was the match grade synthetic stock stabiliser/stiffening kit from ballisticstudies.com in NZ, however I have no knowledge of this product although others on here might?

Hope this helps

Chef

my Sir bought a .243 howa in hogue stock and the fore end is as floppy as the top of an old welly. He is struggling to group and I am sure its cos the slightest pressure and the barrel touches the fore end.

Are they all like this?

Can it be stiffened?

what would eb a cheap replacement stock if it cant be stiffened?

Hi

Check this site out on how to stiffen your stock!

http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/MatchGrade+Synthetic+Stock+Stabilizer.html

Rick

Archived