Tikka T3 S/varm pic rail screw type / size ??

jon

Could someone please tell me what type and thread screws should be used on the T3 pict rail (Sako stainless? ) that comes with the Supervarmint model? The 4 main ones, but not the odd one on the front that goes nowhere.

I need to replace them .. hopefully with a torx style. The one that worked itself out has too little to measure and the others must have been put in with an impact wrench or loctite. So it's a case of being prepared.

many thanks

They are m3.5

As for the length, no idea as I don't know how thick your rail is, I'm guessing it's the factory fit rail by the 'odd one at the front' which is for a mirage strap. I have some torx screws here that will do the job, but may need trimming down a touch. £5 a set posted.

Pete

thanks for the info ... its this year's so knowing how things can go wrong I'll need to double check. ....... I guess that there's less than a gnats xxxx between the 2, but enough to be a bodge?

Theres certainly room for them to be longer than the one that's worked out ... I'm wondering if they used one of the shorter sunshade hook front screws in the wrong place. Oh well.

thanks again.

Archived