Foxing last night

auquhollie

After three days of snow we finally got a thaw and the evening was mild. I gave Ian (Bruxyhill) a call and we headed out for a spot of Lamping. We went straight out to a 700 acre farm that is right in the middle of lambing. As we got to the edge of the farm we started working the lamp across the Lambing parks. Straight away we picked up old reynard walking up the edge of a dyke. A wee whistle and he stood for the shot. First fox down and we were only just out. Crossed his legs, hang him on the toe bar and were off on the rake again. We took maybe 25 mins to drive round the farm untill we decided to make a move onto the next farm. Just as we were leaving we checked a field on our left. There at 150 yards was a whyle old fox. As the lamp went on and the fox went off. We followed him along the farm road untill he came to a long steep hill. With Ian watching him through the scope he had a clear shot as he reached the end of the park. Old charlie was on the move and the 55 gr Vmax caught up with him entering in throught the top of the spine and going straight down into the boiler room. A quick recovery from the top of the field and were off with me puffing on a regal to celebrate :P .

nitefoxs.jpg

We decided next on a farm that i stalk on. A couple more easy shots and the total bag was made for the night. As i swung the landy round to head out the last field there in the corner was a heard of maybe a dozen red hinds. I just cought the back of them leaving the field but it looked like there was a big old fellow in with them. Roll on October, get in among some of those bad boys. :lol:

A great night and good bag. Keep old farmer Giles happy.

fox1.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

Shot a vixen tonight that had milked up. Nightmare as on this farm there is no dens. I think her den is in the forestry commission woods. Would have normally cleaned out the den with the terriers if a vixen was shot in milk. :lol: .

Ah well, what can you do ?.

Ads

Drying out the pelts, we are getting £27.50 a pelt for shot fox's up here.

Only joking a was bloody freezing. :lol::lol::P

Hello & well done Adam if the stag in fenced land he could be legal?.Dident know you were into the terrier work any more theres plenty up there have a mate been doing dens up there.

I have always been into terrier work since a wee lad. Dont have any at the moment but might have to get one soon.

The stag wasnt fenced, but they are showing up regular now so looks like they are here to stay. I shot a few head off last year and they were big biests. They will just have to wait till october. The owner of the farm is away to plant a park of neeps and kayle so that will drag them all down out the forestry. ;)

Away to put a tower up on the corner of the park.

Ads

Archived