Ior Valdada 4-28x50 Recon

Norfresh

Has anybody looked into getting one of these scopes? I have spent the last while looking through reviews and can't find a bad word to be said about them. I have never used Ior before but a lot of lads I know have used them and loved them.

Anyway I ordered the scope this morning, should have it by the end of june. Price was €2100 including shipping and the 40mm rings. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwYMynnIa4

Hi mate

Tiff who runs the RRC has an IOR....The Beast model I think...give him a shout.

Glenn.

The beast is a Nightforce! They have a few different names on their scopes though (crusader, terminator etc) so they may well have a Beast model aswel. Would be interested to hear his experience with it.

I have been told to expect delivery for the start of July.

Reviews are +ve:serious tough scopes.

Recon 4-28x56 (40mm tube) was around US$3395

6-24x56 (35 tube) $1750

Terminator 12-52x56 $2850

Seem to be in S+B/Steiner/Hensold territory;very solid,great glass (schott?) tracking,zero stop nice ret(subjective) etc.

Mount choice will be limited,but IOR do them,at least-could not see any UK prices.

Nice-as are the other contenders.

Gbal

Reviews are +ve:serious tough scopes.

Recon 4-28x56 (40mm tube) was around US$3395

6-24x56 (35 tube) $1750

Terminator 12-52x56 $2850

Seem to be in S+B/Steiner/Hensold territory;very solid,great glass (schott?) tracking,zero stop nice ret(subjective) etc.

Mount choice will be limited,but IOR do them,at least-could not see any UK prices.

Nice-as are the other contenders.

Gbal

The price I am paying is €2100 including shipping and mounts for it. Ior are providing the mounts with the order which was one of my main concerns, they could have been a pain to source. That price converts to £1709....thats alot of scope for that money if they really are comparable with the other top end scopes.

And they have a huge amount of elevation... 35 mil! ;)

The beast is a Nightforce! They have a few different names on their scopes though (crusader, terminator etc) so they may well have a Beast model aswel. Would be interested to hear his experience with it.

I have been told to expect delivery for the start of July.

sorry...my mistake its the terminator that Tiff has got.

The price I am paying is €2100 including shipping and mounts for it. Ior are providing the mounts with the order which was one of my main concerns, they could have been a pain to source. That price converts to £1709....thats alot of scope for that money if they really are comparable with the other top end scopes.

And they have a huge amount of elevation... 35 mil! ;)

Yes,thanks-good price indeed-is that from IOR (romania?)and inclusive of any import tax etc,if applicable?

Gbal

Yes,thanks-good price indeed-is that from IOR (romania?)and inclusive of any import tax etc,if applicable?

Gbal

I'm getting it through my gun dealer so I'm sure he has factored in all of them costs.

I had an old 4-14×50 mp8 ret illuminated, sold it :-( very very big mistake, brilliant scope I want another. Your price is good, and am sure you will be very pleased with its quality.

I have had a 6-24 x50 sfp on my rifle for 6 years no probs, same glass quality as my Schmidt

bought a moa moa ffp in 2-24 x56 last year, same goodness as above and run a 1-10 x26 on my AR for CSR

my take is IOR give very little away to any other scope but so far i have saved thousands over labelled brands and will buy more as I need to.

the tactical version are large scopes, no good for a light stalker , if you are worried about weight, but I guess they do smaller ones

I have had a 6-24 x50 sfp on my rifle for 6 years no probs, same glass quality as my Schmidt

bought a moa moa ffp in 2-24 x56 last year, same goodness as above and run a 1-10 x26 on my AR for CSR

my take is IOR give very little away to any other scope but so far i have saved thousands over labelled brands and will buy more as I need to.

the tactical version are large scopes, no good for a light stalker , if you are worried about weight, but I guess they do smaller ones

This is pretty much what everybody has been saying about them, can't wait to get my hands on it now!

I had an old 4-14×50 mp8 ret illuminated, sold it :-( very very big mistake, brilliant scope I want another. Your price is good, and am sure you will be very pleased with its quality.

I have the non illuminated version of this scope on my walther gsp carbine 22lr. Lovely glass and built like a tank. Nice clear reticle with plenty of holdover points.

Archived