Last monday night a mate shot a roe which was bald down 1 side of its neck and shoulder, last night he shot another!! On mon past I was with him and it looked for intents and purposes like mange with out sores etc! Last nights beast was bald on the top third of its body to its head. Both were disposed of as the thoguth of paasing somthing onto the dogs wasnt an option. Now a local stalker to him said this was due to the roe casting 6 weeks early it is common on a few of his patches, but I have never seen anything like this, I know how srcuffy they can become when they cast. I know deer can get mange but how common is it and was these deer as the stalker said? Btw the farmer doesnt let any foxes to be shot on his ground and both deer were shot in the same area, my doe from last monday was in peak condition but the other was very thin and small even for a kid at this time of year! However Im nnot sure what condition last nights beast was.

Can anybody throw some light on this? Unfortunately we didnt take any photos.

Guest wireviz

[Jon is his name alex and dose he use a butcher in strathaven iF SO I SEEN IT AND IT IS MANGE AND WAS GROWING BACK IN AND WHILE IT CAN EFFECT US AND DOGS IT WONT DO HIM ANY HARM WITH REGARDS FOOD . ps nice buck in velvet but will need work to keep the head.

Archived