ROE BUCKS THE GLORIOUS FIRST TODAY.

Guest ds2

Have any of you guys had any luck this morning, i was out first light very wet and windy had a wander around a plantation i have seen a couple of bucks in last week , came across this young buck knocking hell out of some young trees, a perfect heart shot @ 160yds, a good start to the season, he was feeding with another mature buck and a doe. well pleased ;):lol:

dsc00331uu0.jpg

dsc00333in0.jpg

Happy days,are most of yours still in velvet?????

i have seen five up to now clean, but most of them are in velvet chris, they all tast the same mate ;) i have a big lad on one patch saving him for a good mate of mine who has never shot a roe buck, fingers crossed he will go a medal, i shot a bronze out of the same wood last year so he has good potential time will tell . :lol:

Well done Dave the weather put me off & i was out last night for a young doe with mate but he couldent get steady on the sticks so no doe but seen a young buck to cull a doe with triplets & i wanted the wee doe kid.I have seen 2-3 starting to clean on my own patch but seen clean big lads out & about but 90% of ours still in velvet up here are yours clean Chris?.

Guest northernchris

I got my brother to go and have a wee spy over 2 of my farms last weekend to see how they where coming along,most are still in velvet,another few weeks will see that change.

Archived