Sako 75 & 260 re barrel

Now were do I start ???

I'm awaiting for a variation to come back and will hopefully be going down the 260 road. It will hopefully be a re-barreled 22.250, which unfortunately is still a good shooter :-( walther match work done by Steve Kershaw some years ago. What do you chaps recon on the choice and action, the size is good for the 260 and my opinion is that it will be a better option than selling one of my other cf or additional rifle.

Sako 75 is a very good action and 260 is a good round, you can now get 20moa picantinny rails for a 75 only short coming is a 5 shot mag, Shame about the barrel but may be interested in swapping the barrel for something or an action swap. We are going to make a range of semi custom rifles based on the Sako action soon.

I thought of keeping the barrel, assuming the the chamber will need to be cut off, it will do as a spare for my other 22.250

I wouldn't change the action its far too good to be getting rid of, Its purposes will vary from stalking or high seat use long range varmint and long range targets 500yard ish ;-).

The Sako 75 actio is one of the better donor actions.260 is a fine cartridge.

The take off 22/250 barrel ( I don't get the 'chamber cut off' bit!) would be a good spare for another (Sako 75 22/250),though you may have to have a variation for it as "22/250 spare barrel").Then it would not be 'wasted'.

Gbal

The Sako 75 actio is one of the better donor actions.260 is a fine cartridge.

The take off 22/250 barrel ( I don't get the 'chamber cut off' bit!) would be a good spare for another (Sako 75 22/250),though you may have to have a variation for it as "22/250 spare barrel").Then it would not be 'wasted'.

Gbal

I have 2 x 22.250, now if I get the go ahead for the 260 I was going to do a one for one and have the sako re barreled in the 260, basically to save me the cost of another action/stock/scope. And I was under the impression that you can hold a barrel blank as long as it's not chambered. I may learn pretty soon whether I'm right or wrong.

(Edit after reading again)

Thinking now gbal what the comment is about a spare for a sako 22.250 so assuming it wont get to go ona Tikka action then even with a bit of lathe work.

I have 2 x 22.250, now if I get the go ahead for the 260 I was going to do a one for one and have the sako re barreled in the 260, basically to save me the cost of another action/stock/scope. And I was under the impression that you can hold a barrel blank as long as it's not chambered. I may learn pretty soon whether I'm right or wrong.

(Edit after reading again)

Thinking now gbal what the comment is about a spare for a sako 22.250 so assuming it wont get to go ona Tikka action then even with a bit of lathe work.

Do you mean you have a Tikka 22/250 and a Sako 22/250,and you are going to take the barrel off the Sako and rebarrel the Sako action with a 260 chambered barrel?OK....and do you mean you are going to cut the 22/250 chamber off the ex Sako 22/250 barrel,and keep this 'barrel blank' to rechamber later as a 22/250 and fit it onto the existing Tikka 22/250,when that 22/250 Tikka rifles existing barrel wears out? If so,perhaps you don't need a variation for the barrel as a blank.It may well be that such work can be done....have you checked the cost?

Or have I got this all muddled? Good luck anyhow!

Gbal

Do you mean you have a Tikka 22/250 and a Sako 22/250,and you are going to take the barrel off the Sako and rebarrel the Sako action with a 260 chambered barrel?OK....and do you mean you are going to cut the 22/250 chamber off the ex Sako 22/250 barrel,and keep this 'barrel blank' to rechamber later as a 22/250 and fit it onto the existing Tikka 22/250,when that 22/250 Tikka rifles existing barrel wears out? If so,perhaps you don't need a variation for the barrel as a blank.It may well be that such work can be done....have you checked the cost?

Or have I got this all muddled? Good luck anyhow!

Gbal

yes thats right lol, paracetamol ???

Sorry if my question and explanations were a bit sketchy, but you've got it. I was just wondering if it's worth keeping the barrel or exchanging it.

Get a slot for a spare 260 barrel for the action you want to put this barrel on , that way you get your 260 and keep your good barrel for future use no need to have this rifle taken off your ticket.

Archived