remmy 700 trigger adjustment

Evening Chaps,

Does anyone know what happens if you take the adjustment screw out of the new remmy 700 trigger unit? This is the one through the trigger blade with the tiny torque head that I am talking about.

The reason I ask is that I have one and I have the trigger adjusted to about right but the screw is only in by 2 turns max and stick out of the trigger so its uncomfortable. I just wondered other than makeing the trigger a bit lighter would it do anything else if I take it out? I not brave enough to take it out and fire it incase it falls to bits or something. Lol

I know someone will say have an after market trigger put in but that is not an option at the moment as I have a young family and have other commitments.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi Hunter87,

I've no objection to it being a bit lighter as it's not really light anyway, The screw is in the way of my trigger finger a bit so I would rather have it out of the way if its not going to make the trigger fall to bits. I just don't like removing screws if I don't know what they do.

Thanks,

Ben.

Get your hand and trigger finger into a better position. Trigger finger should be contacting the trigger shoe with the pad and the knuckle should be at 90 deg so when you depress the trigger everything is coming straight back in line. In the correct position you should be nowhere near that grub screw.

Ha Ha Ha

Ye thats what I thought to mate, I'm a peace loving guy so I dont bother upsetting people but so Far I haven't had any answers regarding the question only that I'm doing it wrong. Been shooting rifle for over 10 years now so If I do It now I'm probably always going to do it. The fact is that the screw digs into the top my finger and I dont want it there. It's fine anyway as I spoke to a guy I know who runs a gun shop and he said it can be taken out but must be balanced internally or it can be dangerous so Hes going to sort it for me.

Thanks for the replys guys, I'm sure you will be able to help me again as i'm am intrested in all sorts of stuff (Nosey. lol)

Cheers,

Ben.

I didn't mean to come across as harsh, it was not my intention. When I see an obvious solution to a problem I tend to take the most direct route.

I'm not doubting your ability or that you know your way around a rifle but you confess to be new to and interested in long range. I assumed you might be interested in something that could make a difference to your shooting and solve the issue of the intruding screw.

There plenty of ways to position your hand and pull the trigger - some of them however are not conducive to accuracy at long range. Think about your hand as it is currently and the direction of pull.

Jagged 77,

Its fine mate and I have a lot to learn in the long range stuff but I have a thumbhole stock so hand position is limited and I have an unorthadox trigger pull but somehow it works for me. The screw is just annoying and I hoped that it didnt have to be there. As it turns out I can get rid of it but not by just removing it. I am all up for learning off you guys.

Cheers,

Ben.

Archived