Laser range finder

After looking at all the cheap options available I decided to go with this Nikon 440 in Realtree camo.

It was purchased via E-bay from a dealer in the USA & cost £103 . The cheapest I could find in the UK was £179 delivered from Optics Warehouse.

It’s incredibly small & very easy to use & it seems to be very accurate. I know it’s exactly 20 yards to the base of a tree in our front garden & it confirms that spot on. I will try it out later at longer ranges when I walk the dogs this evening.

I took the pictures through the view finder with my phone so sorry about the quality.

Chris

Image4431024x768.jpg

Image4461024x768.jpg

Image448600x450.jpg

Image4491024x768.jpg

Image4501024x768.jpg

Image4531024x768.jpg

I have had one for the past while, use it out foxing and corvid bashing. Good in the day time. The optics are on the dark side once the light goes though, even under the lamp. One trick I use when I can't range a fox is to pick an object at a distance on par with the fox, anything you can see will do, rock etc and range that. Has worked well for me in the past. 500 yards was the farthest I got mine to range, but that was on a house. It'll also range birds in flight if you use the scan mode. Nice little RF otherwise, good luck with it ;)

tried it a longer range tonight when walking the dogs. Its pretty good but you need to hold it very steady to get a good reading at ranges over 250 yards.

Chris

Image464676x507.jpg

Image460676x507.jpg

No its not a Pikey camp, its the Enviroment Agency clearing up after finishing re-lining our local lock chamber.

Archived