Bushnell Firefly reticles

Any of you guys got any experience lamping with these firefly rets?

When the reticle is exposed to torchlight, how long will it glow for? Is it too bright for lamping at first or is it the mutts nuts.

I wanna put one on my Quad for lamping bunnies. I have a Burris but the illum reticle has only two settings...Bright and F*****g bright. No bloody good at all for lamping but great at dusk..

Grant..

Damn!! I'm an impatient bugger.. I've ordered one from the optics warehouse and i'll be out lamping on saturday so i guess i'll be telling you guys what it's like.. :P

:P Pat i never learn... Still, if ya dont suck it ya wont know if it tastes good... I'll report back after i've tried it on saturday night..

Thanks for the reply though.. :lol:

Grant..

PS, how's that build going, anything to report?

Cant wait to see the pics when your build is done Pat...

I always use a red or orange filter when lamping and the dimmest light level i can get away with as the bunnies do get a bit lamp shy from time to time so i dont think washout will be a prob. I'll let you know after saturdays session how it works out... ;)

I'm not over keen on the walnut stock on my 75 . 308. With the stock screws up tight, i can still move the action in the stock and the barrel doesn't sit central to the stock barrel channel so it will have to go as soon as i can afford. I'd love to put a Mac on it but i dont think dosh will go that far. A forum member is selling a laminate 75 stock for a reasonable sum so i may speak to him again. It's either that or rebed the walnut one & i dont know if that would be worthwhile to be honest.

I have a simmons whitetail 6-5 - 20 x 50. Never uesd it for lamping but day and dusk use has been very good. I would need to get some high mounts to try it on the Quad. i prob wont bother as i dont need the magnification for .22lr.

The firefly i was gonna check out tonight hasn't arrived. I chased the supplier and he's out of stock. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive from the states so my report will have to wait.. Ce la vie...

Archived