Howa Rifles Recalled?

Hi

Heard a story today that Howa rifles are being recalled due to accuarcy problems. Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

Spoke to the European Importer and the UK importer last weekend and the only thing they moaned about was they were selling all the rifle they could get from Legacy Sports and wished they would get there production upped.

There is nothing mentioned on Legacy’s website, perhaps there sales are starting to hurt the old guard and they are starting a dirty tricks campaign. :D:D

Best rgds

B-b

Guest wireviz

["Howa Machinery Ltd. of Japan is performing a safety upgrade on all Model 1500, 1550 and 1700LS series rifles manufactured ."The affected rifles bear serial numbers from one of the following series on the receiver: PN00010 through PN87159, LS00001 through LS05150, M000001 through M020422, LS10001 through LS10309, B000001 through B028450.The safety upgrade will replace the bolt sleeve to prevent misassembly of the bolt, which might occur on affected rifles. Such misassembly might result in a hazardous condition in which the rifle can be accidentally discharged without the bolt being fully engaged, causing severe injury.

"These rifles were distributed by Smith & Wesson, O.F. Mossberg and Sons and Interarms. These rifles may bear the distributor trademark.

"Stop using your rifle immediately and visit our website at www.regen.com/howa or call Howa at 1-800-456-5131 to receive a Bolt Return Kit.

"Only the bolt sleeve is being upgraded. Your bolt will be returned to you after the upgrade.

"NO OTHER HOWA RIFLES ARE AFFECTED. CHECK YOUR SERIAL NUMBER

This is all i could find on the upgaded SAKO (i am just qioteing bambi basher ) :D HOPE THIS HELPS LOOKS LIKE ITS NOT THE NEW STUFF.

Thanks Biggun

I have checked mine and they are well within. Seeing that your rifle would have to be at least 15 years old to fall into the recall and as far as I am aware the first Howas came to the UK 10 years ago we should be OK in the UK but worth a check.

Best rgds

B-b

Archived