open tick advise needed

Guest luckyjohn99

Guest luckyjohn99

my mate has an open ticket and he tells me i can go shooting with him and shoot his guns ....but does the land have to be fac approved for me to shoot his guns or not...TIA

As far as I am aware you can only use his guns if they are stated as "Estate guns" of if you have them on you ticket as well. I may be wrong but I would check first pard. There are plenty on here that know the law better than me, give Silent a PM he will know for sure.

technically speaking, even if myself and my mate both have say 308's, he cannot shoot mine and I cannot shoot his unless they are entered on both licenses, open ticket or not

there are certain rules we can bend a little but you going out shooting his guns would not be acceptable, however, if you wanted to have a go of his gun with a view to buying then thats an exceptable bend of the rules providing you are supervised and another however is that you may be on land that is not the shooters but a farmer and he may have something to say about someone he has not auth to shoot is on his land doing so (armed trespass)

your mate may have an open ticket and he has been intrusted by the police for him alone to deem if the shot he wants to take is safe or not and not you

if that were allowed then somebody with an open ticket that is mentoring a guy with restrictions where he has to be accompanied would also be granted the powers to open the land for the guy who has to be accompanied but this is not the case

with regard to the open ticket......first a guy gets a licence and centre fire rifle, is usually given a restriction that he must be accompanied until his mentor thinks he is safe and can use centre fire un accompanied and his mentor sends in a letter stating so and the guy sends his license in for the restriction to be removed,,,,,,,,,,then after owning his rifle(s) and using them safely for a period of time usually min of three and upto five years except exceptional instances the guy have have the land restriction lifted so he is able to use his rifles on land he has auth to shoot and not land he has auth to shoot and deemed suitable by the chief officer of police

estates (deer stalking) have estate rifles that are listed as such and so if you paid for a stalking trip even if you did not have a firearm of that power then that would be exceptable when accompanied by a member of the estate (usually the stalker or land holder)

hope that helps

Archived