Nice mixed bag

charly hunter

Well the weather has got a little better than last week so Doug Millpool and myself went for a shoot, as usual Millpool couldn't play for long and as soon as he left everything came out to play. There was a 5 - 7 mph wind blowing at 45% from the right and we were shooting out to 340 yds, we arranged to meet up at 10.00 - 10.30 and I was the first there and a big old crow was strutting his stuff at 125 yds so I slipped out my 223 and it wasn't long before his day was ruined by a 50g V-Max :) nice way to start the session. The boys turned up and we drove across the fields to our normal shooting place and as soon a s we arrived the bunnies were out sunning themselves. Millpool has is .17 hmr and he had ago at one at 242 and he was ssssooooooooooooo close with the bullet striking the ground just an inch or so out. We had a few rabbits at ranges out to 300 ish but the best shot was from Doug and his personal best at a fox at 240 yds. This was a barren vixen which was easily spotted out on the sand, we had just finished lunch when Doug got on the back of his truck to shoot at a bunny and as he got up on the back the bunny did a runner but this vixen came out of the other side of the field, I told Doug the range and once he was ready I gave a shout which pull the fox up and as she looked at us Doug sent a 40gr Nosler BT down range she ran 15yds with her tail whirling and dropped down dead. :D We stayed on a while longer and knocked over a couple more rabbits but it was the fox that put a big grin on our faces today.

240fox18thmarch08mv7.jpg

Millpool you must learn to be better behaved at home and then you might be allowed to stay and play with us a while longer pard :o;)

Archived