takeing the young lad out foxing

bigun

had a phone call the other day can you come up the farm and help me set up my cz 17hmr says the farmers son :lol: gets up there scope was out a fair bit plus the trigger was so hard to pull it was never going to group with the spring that heavy ,so i fixs the cz by cutting a few rings of the spring till the spring was level with the small spring bar ,did the cz .22 rimmy he had as well why i was there it was like shooting a differant rifle after ..we were hitting clays stuck in the ground out to 150yrds out with the .17 . can you take me out fox shooting tonight said the farmers lad (21yrs old) not tonight ,tommorrow night we will go ..plenty of foxs on are land he said ..most will have been shot at i thought as i took this lad out some ten years back and tought him to call foxs in when he was a young lad ..he ended up calling in foxs the next night and shooting at them with the air rifle ..so you can think what was going through my head when he asked for me to take him out again :( any way i gets to the farm to pick him up ,he was waiting .are you going to shoot some foxs on are land to night i said yeh put some bait out just to keep him happy and off my case :lol: bait down him in the motor and of we go to some of my land with him and his cz 17 hmr in the back trying to see if i can get him a fox to shoot ..yes staffordshire police gave him one to shoot foxs with ? my .204 in the back just in case we see one to far for the .17.. no foxs we seen but a few rabbits i got him to shoot at ..i say to him pull the stock tight in to the shoulder .keep the cross hair on the rabbits head ..start to say to your self squeez squeez squeez ..bang rabbit down ..nice shot :P at last he has hit some thing :P he shot another one after that..but the best shot of the night was a good 100 yarder head shot ..i said if you can do that you can do a fox out to 150yrds ..time to go home i said and lets check that bait we put down ..get to his farm nothing on the bait :( his brother comes over to us and says theres a fox round the corner by the building makeing its way over the field ..we were sitting by the gate in his yard .his brother puts the lamp on the bait again and theres this foxs walking over to it not a care in the world ..17hmr up holding it up ready to take the shot it looks far out i said ..you best take the shot he says so out with the .204 looks down the scope i could just about make it out as his brother only had 1/2mill candle power lamp in his hand so i takes the shoot ..bang..fox falls but is dead before it hits the ground ..ranged it in at 146 yrds ..lad says could i have shot that fox with my 17 hmr yep i said ,i felt a bit bad ,but then again i know his dad will be well happy :lol: theres more than one says his brother :P i will see you again thursday night i says :P his brother said the fox had some bait in his mouth he said ,all i could see was a cloudy fox in my scope :lol: last meal i said..

145yrddogfox002Large.jpg

145yrddogfox001Large.jpg

145yrddogfox003Large.jpg

Archived