Bisley Zero Range & Muzzle Velocity Question

I need to zero in a new scope at Bisley this weekend and I want to Zero it in at 100yrd. I haven't used the Zero range there before. Is it possible to zero in affectively using that range for that distance? I have seen zero range targets but only for 300 yrd + .

I will be shooting a 308 / 7.62 with a Remington 700 / 26 in barrel.

Appreciate any advice..

Also Does anyone know what the muzzle velocity would be for a Remington 700 PSS / 308/7.62 / 26 inch barrel/ 1:12 twist . Original rifle none modified ??

Many thanks,

I need to zero in a new scope at Bisley this weekend and I want to Zero it in at 100yrd. I haven't used the Zero range there before. Is it possible to zero in affectively using that range for that distance? I have seen zero range targets but only for 300 yrd + .

I will be shooting a 308 / 7.62 with a Remington 700 / 26 in barrel.

Appreciate any advice..

Also Does anyone know what the muzzle velocity would be for a Remington 700 PSS / 308/7.62 / 26 inch barrel/ 1:12 twist . Original rifle none modified ??

Many thanks,

Zero range at Bisley is only 71' 7" long…it will get you on target, but I wouldn't rely on it for an ultra precise 100 yard zero. That being said, if you provide the details of the scope height above the bore, the rounds you will be using etc., it would be possible to calculate a suitable point on the target to zero, that would equate to a 100 yard zero.

Have a play on JBM ballistics online trajectory calculator - with the right data in, it should give you the correct answer….

Archived