Sako TRG 42 Custom .30-338 Lap Mag / .338 Lap Mag

With a nod to 21st century consumerism.....I'm selling this rifle to help fund a new switch-barrel AI AXMC.

The rifle will be sold as a complete package that consists of:

Sako TRG 42 green phoshate fitted with a Pacnor Super Match very heavy profile 33" fluted 1-10" twist .338 Lap Mag barrel thread 18x1mm. The rifle will also be fitted with the new 2013 upgraded Sako TRG trigger.
Pacnor Super Match No.8 profile 30.5 inch 1-10" twist .30-338 Lap Mag barrel threaded 18x1mm.
Near MFG 25 MOA scope rail, made to order in Canada for an extra close fit on this action.
Sako TRG Muzzle brake & the one standard 5 round magazine.
Custom stainless steel TRG internal action wrench, to facilitate easy barrel changes.
I will also include in the sale a reasonably well travelled Peli 1750 case to guarantee in arrives at your RFD in perfect condition.

The cheekpiece has had a slight portion removed from the front to allow the bolt to fully cycle with extra spacers/ultra high scope mounts. This can either be left as is or easily filled and cera/dura coated, either way it doesn't affect the rifles use.

This .338 Lap Mag barrel was ordered in this spec. especially for ELR shooting and was fitted from a blank by Dave at Valkyrie last year - it has only seen 38 rds in total! I've been waiting for some Berger 300 grain elite hunters to arrive in the UK for the last year (all I planned on using in the rifle) so simply haven't shot it; beyond breaking it in with the 300 gr OTM bullets (readily available here) which showed excellent potential!

The .30-338 Lap Mag barrel has seen 373 rounds in total and was fitted from a blank by Neil McKillop. It is simply the most accurate barrel I've ever owned, shooting in .1's & .2's at 100 yards with 240gr SMK's and has shot many 1/2 MOA groups right out beyond 1,000 yards in the field and witnessed on the range.

This whole outfit has cost me well in excess of £5,500.

I'm asking £3,250 including transfer - In other words £250 less than a standard .338 TRG!

Pictures to follow in next few days. Also for sale elsewhere.

Cheers,

Tiff

You'll regret this Tiff! ;-)
I have shot this rifle in its 30-338 guise.
It is simply awesome!

Thanks Rup, you're probably right….But I do need to rationalise my collection a bit - just in case I ever get a 'real job' and have to move away from Cornwall!

Pictures added as promised:

IMG_0043_zpse6a7ea6a.jpg

IMG_0039_zpsd501cab9.jpg

IMG_0032_zps216ad0ac.jpg

IMG_0052_zps6327f734.jpg

IMG_0049_zps678fef6c.jpg

Cheekpiece filled with devcon/lead shot to improve balance.

IMG_0050_zps2cce91f2.jpg

.30-338 crown/thread - Dasherman's usual excellent work.

IMG_0053_zps64e7fdd6.jpg

.338 Barrel with brake fitted & without - top quality machining by Dave/Baldie!

IMG_0054_zps7b437bdc.jpg

IMG_0058_zps03685fc0.jpg

IMG_0062_zps217e4e84.jpg

N.B. Scope/mount/bipod obviously not included - Peli case IS included, as is the action wrench (forgot to include in pics). Also the rifle will come fitted with a brand new updated 2013 TRG trigger - it hasn't arrived yet, so old one fitted for pictures.

Archived