foxing on a windy night ,gales 40 to 75mph

bigun

looked at the news before i went out ,news reader said high winds 40 to 75mph gales tonight :D but as i looked out of the window looking at the trees it was only just blowing the tops so i thought sod it ,lets have a look see :P went on to a new 400 acer farm seen no foxs but did see a rabbit at 107yrds took him out with a very nice head shot just to make sure the scopes were on ferrets are now munching on it :o on to the second farm as we were going up the private lane i picks up some foxs eyes sitting under a thorn hedge a good way out must of been getting out of the wind ..it just lay there just looking back at us so out with the rifle on to the near side door mirrow , scope on full power x16 could see him ,just the face and a bit of neck ,i placed the cross hairs on its nose and with the wind blowing the motor it was moveing the cross hairs a bit i was not happy at all but i waited ..the wind was blowing right in to me so i knew to aim bang on no lead needed ..i start to put the pressue on to the trigger trying my hardest to keep it on its nose ..bang ..fox gone out of sight..no thud but a creck noise come from were the fox was my mate said i missed it ,i said it could of been a bone sound coming back to us ,becouse that what it sounds like..no he said you mist it B) i cant beleave it i said not again :lol: we drove on looking round the farm must of been neally an hour i said iv got to go back and have a look just to see if i did hit it or not ? mate says you go look then, the wind is really picking up and getting cold now so i said lets both have a look then call it a night ..so we walks over to were we thought it was ..mate saying it was over by the holly bush im saying no it was over here :P i looks down in the ditch and there was the fox i thought id missed or should i say i was told i missed ;) i had hit it sraight in the mouth and nocking the jaw off and the tounge had gone as well ..on getting back to the motor i ranged it in at 186 yrds dead ..not bad i thought i had hit it even with the wind blowing a gale ..so now im a happy chappie again back on form :lol: yeh right :o going back in a mo to take a pic ..cant get to close to it or i wont beable to post it on here :o

186yrds001Large.jpg

186yrds002Large.jpg

186yrds007Large.jpg

:) well vimmy when i went to look for the fox this is where i found him the same night in the ditch , if you read the post you will see you big wind up ;) , i then chucked it on the side were it had been lying ,for the photo ..

:) well vimmy when i went to look for the fox this is where i found him the same night in the ditch , if you read the post you will see you big wind up ;) , i then chucked it on were it had been lying for the photo ..

What you doing chatting on here at this time of day, you should be trying to flatten the battery on your truck with that lamp.

never mind the battery paul ,what do you think of the shot :)

i have to blow my own trumpet becouse you dont :) yes i do agree with you paul it was a good shot was`ent it ;)

Well shot fella,

Don't know whats more satisfying, a successful shot in challenging conditions or saying i told you so to a mate.

Good write up.

Keep up the good work,

Jay.

Well shot fella,

Don't know whats more satisfying, a successful shot in challenging conditions or saying i told you so to a mate.

Good write up.

Keep up the good work,

Jay.

at the moment its just hitting it and haveing it at my feet thats satisfying cant do with missing them ..out again to night so who knows maybe another one may bite the dust ;) hope so :lol: ..

remington65 you sorted some pics out yet ..come on put some up for the lads to see ;) how about that 1200 yrds shot ..in your face shot ;) ;)

Archived