What scope would suit best

Al69ec

As title I have 4,scopes which I purchased with my 17 hmr. Thing is I'm struggling on which one to fit which will best suit my needs... At the moment I'm lampin rabbits that are very lamp shy and out to 150 yards. I've a hawke nite-eye 3.5-10x50 on at the moment. My others are a predator 6-24x50 a simmons 3-9x50 and a nikko sterling 3-9x40 which I find to have the best glass. I no there not the best scopes in the world but I want to get the best from the one that suits. Thanks

Your probably melting your brain with the 4 scopes.

I would take them all out at different times of the day and look at targets at varying distances and light, not on the rifle then see which you like best.

I would probably edge towards the Predator as it has higher mag.

Your probably melting your brain with the 4 scopes.

I would take them all out at different times of the day and look at targets at varying distances and light, not on the rifle then see which you like best.

I would probably edge towards the Predator as it has higher mag.

Al, don't we all!!

See some of the discussion about the pros and cons of scopes costing £thousands!

222s advice is the way to go- take them out and see which is best for your eyes and shooting conditions-especially as you have some range of scopes and magnification.Don't confuse quality/cost with 'fit/sensible for your purpose'-I very much doubt that you would find a heavy 50x £4k scope was ideal (though it might be for 1000y target shooting in daylight!)

Test drive the ones you have,consider something else if/when you get the chance-you may never need it!

Gbal

The nikko seems to have the best glass between the 4 but I do like the idea of the higher mag on the predator. I've got head ache with it all :)

9 mag is fine on a hmr, so if the best glass is the nikko then go with that, i had a s&b 6x42fixed on my hmr and i never needed and more, and my eyes are not the best....

Archived