Large bags (Mega bench from Deben)

http://www.deben.com/bench-rests/CB7083.html

I'm thinking of getting the above for load development but I think I can modify the front box of the quad and use it for lamping as well, I know a few use the dog gone bags but has anyone used this one, price seems good (but is it too good to be true?) Thanks for looking

Hi,I spent ages looking at these/similar.I did want a long(15 inch) one for maximum rifle support.The Fat Bag Maxum is similar to the Deben,but without the cartridge holder,and has a rectangular base,with top ears,rather than the 'butterfly' design. In the end,well so far-I might get another-I got the Bulls Bag butterfly design,and it works great-it's about 15 lb filled with rice (sand would be more) and 12 ounces filled with polystyrene.Rifle is very steady in the rice one,have not shot it yet in the easy carry polystyrene (easy to pour/empty/refill-esp with a kitchen funnel),but another for £20 would be a convenience !

Not so sure about ease of adjustment for elevation-wedge will do-but that is compared to a proper bench rest set up. No need for a back bag,at least with the long version.I like it,feels very steady,be interested to see how the Deben does-the same I would think. Dog Gone's 2x/3x the price...I couldn't find anything on durability for any makes.You could mix the filler for any weight/stability compromise you liked,I would think-butterfly is four separate compartments,eg.

Be interested to hear how it goes for you.

Gbal

Archived