Primers not working

Dac9976

Pound to a penny your crushing the primers slighty when seating them, same thing happened on my 6.5x47, took a minute or two (week) to figure it out.

Mike

Pound to a penny your crushing the primers slighty when seating them, same thing happened on my 6.5x47, took a minute or two (week) to figure it out.

Mike

What priming tool are you using? I must admit that it does feel really stiff when I'm seating them.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd let you lot know that I've got over my problem.

Bought a K&M hand primer with the gauge, haven't had a misfire yet:)

Cheers

Danny.

Just thought I'd let you lot know that I've got over my problem.

Bought a K&M hand primer with the gauge, haven't had a misfire yet:)

Cheers

Danny.

Hi Danny,Glad you got it sorted-there always is a reason,and the elimination method usually gets it-as suggested,in this case,it seems to have been the priming tool being a bit temperamental,giving intermittent failures.History,hopefully! Makes the guage seem like a good insurance investment! Good result,well done.

Gbal

Hi Danny,Glad you got it sorted-there always is a reason,and the elimination method usually gets it-as suggested,in this case,it seems to have been the priming tool being a bit temperamental,giving intermittent failures.History,hopefully! Makes the guage seem like a good insurance investment! Good result,well done.

Gbal

Worth every penny mate:) nice tool to use, plus you know every primer is set the same, you can't go wrong.

Archived