Remi mounting options

swatty

I have just purchased a nice new sightron to sit on my remi 22.250 . The rifle I bought second hand and came scoped etc and it was my first remi . So I was in need of a new mounting system as the burris rings and mounts were inch and won't fit the new scope . No one I shoot with has Remis either so I went ahead and bought a second hand pictanny style alloy rail and some leupold qrw high rings now I'm not 100% sure if the rail is a 20moa rail as it seems high deepest part is 12.5 mill or half Inch in my builders terms . So I get it all mounted after some difficulty as the rail came with no mounting screws and to me the scope is sitting far to high even with me messing about with cheek piece etc so I'm really after advice as to what is the best option for a no nonsense mounting system to get me going and won't need changing I like the idea of the qrw rings and have read/ watched good reviews of them as for the rail until I know if its a flat or 10/20 Moa railI'm not sure if I'm looking at chancing the rail or getting lower rings or I'm better off just starting again so your advice would be greatly appreciated ps I'm a tight Northern get so I'm looking at buying secondhand if possible thanks in advance swatty excuse the grammar northerner who was more interested in shooting than education

Archived