TX 1200 Mag Capacity?

coolforgot

Hi,

can anyone tell me the Magazine (if there is one) capacity of a Parker-Hale TX 1200 , or are they single shot, Cheers, Mke

Mine was single shot but you could fit one round in under the bolt making it a two shot if memory serves. Mine was cheap and cheerful, got rid ages ago but kind of wish I hadn't now. It needed re-bedding and the stock refinishing - probably a new barrel too.... Would have been a good project for a long range varmint rifle.

Mine was single shot but you could fit one round in under the bolt making it a two shot if memory serves. Mine was cheap and cheerful, got rid ages ago but kind of wish I hadn't now. It needed re-bedding and the stock refinishing - probably a new barrel too.... Would have been a good project for a long range varmint rifle.

Thanks for the info.

Change the bottom metal for any of the .308 / 243 parker hales and you've got 5 shots. It's then effectively an M82 sniper rifle.

Cheers for the reply, so I can take it that they come as standard single shot, innit Mike

Yes TX 1200 is a very accurate single shot , M82 is a 5 shot sniper rifle based on the TX 1200 , I have one - it's stonkingly accurate . You can get the correct scope mounting blocks from Clarky (speak tp Bill ) he's only in Fridays now , and either a Swarovski zf 84 or the identical zf 84 from Kahles. Both scopes have bullet drop compensation calibrated to 7.62 sniper ammo up to 800 metres , I have both scopes , they are tough and very clear.

Yes TX 1200 is a very accurate single shot , M82 is a 5 shot sniper rifle based on the TX 1200 , I have one - it's stonkingly accurate . You can get the correct scope mounting blocks from Clarky (speak tp Bill ) he's only in Fridays now , and either a Swarovski zf 84 or the identical zf 84 from Kahles. Both scopes have bullet drop compensation calibrated to 7.62 sniper ammo up to 800 metres , I have both scopes , they are tough and very clear.

The Canadians are VERY into this as the M82 was their army's primary sniper rifle for a long time under the C2 designation. There is a HUGE thread (63 pages, 627 replies and 36,599 views!) here:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/300962-Parker-hale-m82-m87-C3-C3A1-Rifles

(If the link fails, go onto www.canadiangunnutz.com, then to Forums, then to Precision Rifles and you'll find it as a 'sticky' near the top of the list.)

There is a great deal of information and pictures about a forum member converting a 1200TX into a C2. The forum topic also covers other P-H precision rifles which are very highly regarded over there including the M85 and M87 models.

Archived