New Rifle.

Wind finally dropped, so this morning it was off to play with my new toy :lol:

I needed a lightweight carry rifle & I decided on the Remington LVSF .223.

It’s topped off with a Swarovski 6-18x50 & even if I say so myself it’s an absolute gem.

The trigger was tweaked at my local gunshop where I bought the rifle.

I took the old Remmy out as well & I finished the session by turning some ripe apples into mush.

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

Wind finally dropped, so this morning it was off to play with my new toy :)

I needed a lightweight carry rifle & I decided on the Remington LVSF .223.

It’s topped off with a Swarovski 6-18x50 & even if I say so myself it’s an absolute gem.

The trigger was tweaked at my local gunshop where I bought the rifle.

I took the old Remmy out as well & I finished the session by turning some ripe apples into mush.

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

nice pair of rifles you have there creakindoor, you cant beat a remmy rgds dave.

Ds2 mate just a heads up.

When replying to a post go to the bottom and click "add reply", when you click on the quote or reply at the bottom of the post it pastes in the original posting, which with photos in this case uses up over 20mb on the server. I dont know how this site is charged for space on the server, but either way we use up our allocation very quick and or the provider charges more because of the space used up.

Like I said not a shouting, just a bit of info.

Creaking, I have had mine 2 yrs nearly, groups into 1/4" at 100yds no trouble nice light rifle.

Cheers

Redfox

AWWWWWWWWW, dont show me that, going to the shop tommorow night to order a new rifle and thats one of the ones on my list, as you had in mind for yours they would make a lovely foxing rifle. I am torn sako 75/85 or rem 700 would love another varmint type rifle but maybe not just so practical for foxing. I will probably not decide until I am standing in the shop tommorw night. Anyhow nice rifle, hope it shoots well for you also nice scope, had one and cant be beaten for foxing.

Looks great and wish you the very best with it.

I had a real hankering for one of those LVSF about 18 mths ago compact and very pointable.I wanted one in 22-250, but the shop owner didn't bother his arse to try and get me one and said he could only get a .223 and the price was nuts . I was never a remmy fan till I picked up the Lvsf , though I find the bolt throw to be a bit high and rubbish trigger, I had ordered a jewel trigger for the one I was trying to get (luckly was able to cancel it). I bought a ruger M77 instead that lasted about 5 mths before it got moved on.

will be interested to see the LVSF performs for you. I did alot of googling at the time and the americans love them v's praire dogs and they seemed to be very accurate.

Dave

The wild dog stock is heavy & feels rock solid. It’s also very comfortable too hold & feels just right.

It is a great platform to shoot from which inspires confidence when taking a shot.

I purchased the stock second hand. The previous owner had carried out a small amount of bedding (epoxy!).

My rifle dropped straight in & is a perfect fit. Weighing in at a hefty 12-½ lbs

it’s really only suitable for use from a vehicle or static position hence the need for the LVSF.

Full details about this stock & others here;

http://www.wilddog.com.au/content/default.asp

Archived