PES Moderators

I've just found myself a used PES mod on another forum for £100. It's 18 months old, and the stainless over barrel type. Have any of you used one? What do you think of them regarding quality etc? Do they wear out? How do you tell? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to be sure I'm buying the right mod!

I've just found myself a used PES mod on another forum for £100. It's 18 months old, and the stainless over barrel type. Have any of you used one? What do you think of them regarding quality etc? Do they wear out? How do you tell? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to be sure I'm buying the right mod!

All mods will wear to some extent, wearing out is another matter and I cant comment on the PES. The PES is heavy, if its the T12 it will be very heavy, the scout isnt too bad. I have one in 30 cal and it has had 30 rounds down it, it now collects dust.

Depends on your intended use as to wheather its right for you.

There are plenty of blokes on here that will tell you what you want to know but ultimatley its your decision, if it was me (And I ve done this) test out a few before you make up your mind.

Ask yourself, what do I want from a moderator?

I've got a good idea what I'm after. Reliability and build quality, stainless, not too fat. Weight is an issue with the PES, but it's going on a light weight stalking gun so I'll manage ok. I think the lines of the gun are good with a PES, compared to a T8 Or Wildcat. If this mod doesn't happen and I buy new, it will be a Wildcat 250 stainless (more because of it's maker really, I get on well with him) :unsure:

i have a pes on my remington 700 and it is ok ,it helps the flip and keeps the rifle on the ground when on bi pods ,all in all its ok if i was going to buy a mod now it would be the ACE can less noise useing one of them and lighter ..always store with the moderater off as it helps hold moisture in if you leave it on ..

Archived