Eye popping shot.

craigyboy

me and a mate went out lamping last nite on a farm where the farmer lost 8 lambs to foxes this year, (he only asked us to come foxing after lambing for some reason though) didnt get out until late so only got a couple of hours too shoot. We spotted a fox from very high up on the mountain side, it was down low in the valley about 400 yards away, I couldnt get a shot as there was a tree line in the way, we decided not too call and try and get into a better postion so we circled around and got on the other side of the valley where I could get a good shot, I took the headshot as the grass was very long at about 130yards. We seen another fox in the same place later on but it was not giving us a look in, very jumpy, I managed to get within 300 yards but I wouldnt take a shot this far in lamp light as I could never say for sure if its a fox. I reckon this is probably the fox thats was doing the damage during lambing so he is number one priority.

STP60619.jpg

I was using 39g blitzkings this time out and they seemed to do a brave bit more damage than the 32g vmax headshot.

STP60622.jpg

we also brought along my mates .410 for some close range rabbits in the thick brush on the mountain side, was good fun trying to get as close as possible as the .410 doesnt kill that well (at least the way we shoot with it)

Archived