278yrds best shot todate with my .204

bigun

just got back in from a few hrs shooting foxs ,went up and baited this one farm this after noon and it was the first place we lamped to night my mate was going to take the first shot which he did after seeing one on the bait as we pulled up in the motor ..he missed it at 210 yrds :):rolleyes: so i scaned the fields only to see one more pair of eyes staring back my way yes there was two of them but it was off so we made are way down to were the bait was just to see if it wanted toping up which it did,my mate was saying he aimed bang on and to be fair he is a good shot so we backed the motor up and aimed at a piece of lung meat that was left ,went to check on it just found a small hole at he back of it .so i said we will try it out on a rabbit on leaveing the farm ..on backing up again i gave it one more scan with the lamp ..eyes on a steep hill about 240yrds away and still moveing looking at us so i stopped the motor got on the back off the motor reloaded and tried to set the scope on the fox it would not stop, i thought it was never going to stop which it did after i shouted at it ,i took aim and took the shot we could hear that thud loud and clear i just love that sound you just know you have hit it hard .i range it in at 278yrds my best shot with this .204 to date not bad saying iv only had it a short time ,beats the .223 hands down i tell thee ;) feeling really good with my self on this shot i let my friend take the next shot on the next farm as we now no the scopes are good ,we pulls up to see two foxs on the bait, mates on the back aims real slow takes the shot and hits it its doing the spin thing so i said keep your eyes on it he reloads as the fox stops its spinning it start to lick its front leg so my mate then takes another shot hitting it right behind the front leg and it drops on the spot dead ,i range it in at 152yrds first shot was a bit low hitting it in its front leg .second shot made up for the first i tells him ,we all have a off night ..forgot to take the camera again so going back in the morning for a few pics will take one of the hill side were i shot mine .the farmer will be happy as he has just put the young lambs out ..

Nice going there bigun,

Good write up, and it is a honest one!!!

Sounds like you have had a good time with your 204,,, Put some pic,s up when you get a chance???

What does your rifle group like ????

We were out ourselfs on sunday and wensday night,, Two with my hmr and one with my 6mm ppc,,

Hopefully jay will put some pic,s up soon??

All the best Darrel (F2n)

Nice shooting with the 204, 270 yards is a long long way at night, well done. You must have some decent glass on it or maybe no filter on the lamp.

I have been out 3 nights in the last two weeks including last night and only seen badgers and a single Munti. Not even a hint of charlie yet I know I have 3 or 4 about. Had a rabbit at about 130 yards with the PPC to make sure it was still OK, could only see its head, that was enough.

A

it was 278 yrds that 8 yrds makes all the differance :rolleyes: i use a striker 170 with the amber fillter on,its mounted on my motor so it has a good 12volt power all the time , the scope is only a ags 4x16x56 swat it was on the rifle when i got it of a good mate of mine it was like new only had 110 round down it :) i was going to change the scope but its really a good scope must be as i aint missed one with it yet ,the 278 yrds shot was taken after i had put a few rounds down on a target ;) some foxs must be deff or just daft and want shooting ..278 yrds is my best ever shot at night i could see the fox just, but it was small in the scope but not too dark .to get this rifle of me now you would have to prise it out of my dead hands :blink: its that good .. :huh: the pic of the farm was the 152 yrd shot

278yrdsand152yrds008Large.jpg

278yrdsand152yrds007Large.jpg

278yrdsand152yrds006Large.jpg

278yrdsand152yrds003Large.jpg

278yrdsand152yrds010Large.jpg

What does your rifle group like ????

All the best Darrel (F2n)

when i first shot this rifle it was grouping really well 1/2 to 1/4 "groups ,then when i owned it some months later it was grouping about 1" at 100 yrds i then put a ten pound note between the stock and the barrel or should i say tried it was touching after a bit of sanding it was back to grouping tight again ,its the PES moderater pulling the barrel down ,iv played with the trigger got it down to about 3 pounds at a gess but still needs more adjustment like a new trigger or lighter spring should sort it ..but im a happy man at the moment as i aint missed with it yet ..but that days coming i can feel it :)

Great job , I like the photo with the arrows showing your positions , how do you do that :)

The old Charlies are in good nick ;)

..right click on your pic, click open with, click paint and have a play ..

278yrdsand152yrds001Large.jpg

Nice going, gotta love those 20 cals, great on the foxes.

Nice going gibon, er,bigun.

good pics of the foxes and farm, not sure about 278yrds becouse i've seen you take baby steps when pacing them out.

GOOD ON YER MATE.

no stepping for me anymore :D as i know this bloke that gave me a range finder ..cheers paul works just fine :D

went out to night, fox sat there like lassie out at 225yrds i cross haired it pulled the trigger and missed the fecker .it looked round when it heard the thud of the bullet behind it then it heard the crack of the rifle and was gone ..it was raining and also very windy, also im full of flu cant be the scopes as i took out a rabbit just after just to be on the safe side , head shot 118yrds ..bang on i was well we all do it at some time miss that is

Tell me bigun do you hold that 204 with your trotter`s by any chance?? :lol:

you know i do :lol: yes its me .. :lol:

Archived