Anyone out there using an "Easyhit fiber optic front sight"

Jamie

Hi folks,

I'm pondering on whether to buy one of the fibre optic shotgun shooting aids.

Is there anyone out there using one, or something of a similar design. And have you found that it made your "hits" better??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/819512/champion-easy-hit-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-3mm-red-5

atb

Jamie

Hi folks,

I'm pondering on whether to buy one of the fibre optic shotgun shooting aids.

Is there anyone out there using one, or something of a similar design. And have you found that it made your "hits" better??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/819512/champion-easy-hit-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-3mm-red-5

atb

Jamie

As it happens I had one delivered on Thursday, it was the 3 mil sporting one from easy hit, I wanted it to go on my auto for duck shooting in low light conditions and I also feel that I have gone a bit central vision being nearly 50 ! Did a flight on my pond last night and I have to report I shot better than normal with the auto so quite impressed. The green sight also helped when the light faded, it was about the 30 quid mark so money well spend.

As it happens I had one delivered on Thursday, it was the 3 mil sporting one from easy hit, I wanted it to go on my auto for duck shooting in low light conditions and I also feel that I have gone a bit central vision being nearly 50 ! Did a flight on my pond last night and I have to report I shot better than normal with the auto so quite impressed. The green sight also helped when the light faded, it was about the 30 quid mark so money well spend.

Thanks for the replies both. Seems a lot for what it is, but if it improves my hit ratio with the shotgun, (which is terrible at the moment... :blush: ) then as you say, "money well spent"

Cheers!

Thanks for the replies both. Seems a lot for what it is, but if it improves my hit ratio with the shotgun, (which is terrible at the moment... :blush: ) then as you say, "money well spent"

Cheers!

Check your gun fit as this is key really you should not be looking at the sight on a shotgun it should be natural, but this sight does help with out noticing it.

Check your gun fit as this is key really you should not be looking at the sight on a shotgun it should be natural, but this sight does help with out noticing it.

Is there a standard way of confirming if a shotgun fits properly?

Length of pull?

atb

Jamie

Just to add that I bought a "Ruby" 5" fibre optic sight and it made a big difference to my success!

I've gone from several zero hits on 2 outings to 5 out of 12 on the first outing with the fibre optic sight.

Granted, this is still poor statistics, but it did my confidence the world of good!

Is there a standard way of confirming if a shotgun fits properly?

Length of pull?

atb

Jamie

Just to add that I bought a "Ruby" 5" fibre optic sight and it made a big difference to my success!

I've gone from several zero hits on 2 outings to 5 out of 12 on the first outing with the fibre optic sight.

Granted, this is still poor statistics, but it did my confidence the world of good!

You shoot better! But of course there is a bit more to it than good fit.Length of pull is just one parameter.Really good fit used to need about as much time as a Saville Row tailor for a suit.Probably hasn't changed,it just isn't done.One size fits all -which is about what the average gun gives-clearly isn't likely to be true.I'm mainly talking about "game' like shooting,including sporting clays/skeet,but it may be that in 'gun up' clays you can adapt more easily as mounting to shoulder is already done,if imperfectly.

When I bought my first shotgun the keeper asked me where the pick up was?"Pick up truck?"-I asked in surprise-

I was only 12-and he replied"Yes,for all the practice cartridges you'll need to become a good shot!"

You are doing well!!

Gbal

ps he did let me try his Browning double auto,and on the basis of 5 straight-admittedly very easy clays-I have had five of them

since,but some were clearly not fitting so well as it did when I was 12!!

Archived