Foxing tonight

jimmyzx

Went out for a mosey tonight to see if anything was stirring. The foxes have been abit scarce around here for the last month. however tonight was different we saw 3 foxes in the first hour and a half but they were lamp shy and didn't stick around long enough to get a shot at. Eventually we found a set of bright eyes moving across a field about 350 yrds away. This is too far for me to comfortably attempt a shot so after a few minutes of calling we check to see if the fox is interested. It was after coming in to around 50 yrds from us but as soon as the lamp lit it up it hightailed it back the way it came. We thought not another lamp shy fox but eventually it stopped and seemed interested in the caller again. However this time it was alot more nervous ao we decided that it won't come to us we would go to it. After a short stalk we got to within approx 120yrds of it and I got down on the pods. the fox also decided to sit down and a 45 grain HP swiftly dispatched it to the land of eternal sleep. It was a nice youg vixen. with a few ticks in her ear but healthy looking otherwise.

26022008061.jpg

After this we seen 1 more fox but I messed up the shot but luckily it was a clean miss. We decided to call it a night as 1 down is better than educating more foxes.

Paul.

As it has been said before atleast you got a result,i have had a few local nights with total blanks,like you a few lamp shy ones around here

Archived