rateing brass by brand

BOB LEE SWAGGER

hi all another question for you I have several 223 cases hat I want to form and size for my 20 tac its all different brands and I want to batch it all by brand and use it when my older brass is done with I have lapua. remmington hornady.federal. Winchester and ppu which would you consider is the best and in which order I would say lapua first but don't know about rest cheers bob

hi all another question for you I have several 223 cases hat I want to form and size for my 20 tac its all different brands and I want to batch it all by brand and use it when my older brass is done with I have lapua. remmington hornady.federal. Winchester and ppu which would you consider is the best and in which order I would say lapua first but don't know about rest cheers bob

When you say "several" how many do you mean ? If I had several ( my understanding, not many ) of six different brands I'd bin the lot and buy a new box of Lapua, job done.

When you say "several" how many do you mean ? If I had several ( my understanding, not many ) of six different brands I'd bin the lot and buy a new box of Lapua, job done.

sorry about 350 empty cases 40 to 50 in each batch

I have found Rem brass necks to harden very quickly. Hornady tend to use poor brass in their factory loads. Been using some Fed brass with good results but If forming to 20tac I would buy a box of lap. A good investment imho and not a lot of money for .223.

Use your old lap brass for load dev then stick with the new lap brass for ages of trouble free shooting.

I have found Rem brass necks to harden very quickly. Hornady tend to use poor brass in their factory loads. Been using some Fed brass with good results but If forming to 20tac I would buy a box of lap. A good investment imho and not a lot of money for .223.

Use your old lap brass for load dev then stick with the new lap brass for ages of trouble free shooting.

oaken thanks I have 50 new lap 223 and 50 Dakota 20 tac that I have just anneald I will stick with them reason for asking the question is I have had trouble with the shell holders on my hand primer the Dakota 20 stuff tries to jump out when trying to seat the primer seems to be no dedicated shellholder for 20 tac only the number 4 223 holder or a number 10 I wonder if any other tac users get this problem I guess if I just switch to forming 223 to 20 it will cure it

Archived