Bloody good night!!

foxing2night

Hi gents,,

January started off good!!, But febuary has been a bit slow???

Did have one fox last thursday night, Only about 50 yrds,, So i popped his eye balls for him,,,,

I am normally out about four nights lamping!!! So a lot of my shoots are clean at the moment???

But a funny thing happend last night, on one of the farms that gets shot the most,,,,

We allways check the fields before we head out and about,, and it has been clean for

a few months,But last night we herd a fox calling,, We thought that this was a bit late in the year???

Anyway we tried to get to the area that the call was coming from, As we could tell that he or she was close by,,

Got into position and had a little call!!

The next thing this fox came running like a bat out of hell,, My mate stoped him at about 75yrds,,,

One 17 hmr vmax right in the boiler room,,, And that was the end of her!!!!

Called a bit more but nothing,,,

Next farm just up the road, Staeted calling and calling but nothing,, Then just as we were about to go, A big bugger came out of the woods!!!!!! One more shot in the boiler room, And what a thump it was to????

What i have found over the last few months, is that if they get to close, The little 17 does not stone them??? But if they are around the 100yrds mark, They drop like a brick ???

Do you think that the 17 is blowing up if they are to close????

All the best F2n

Guest varmartin

Hi Darrell, I bet it is blowing up when they are in close.

I shot a couple of Squirrels last week end , one at 30 yards with no exit wound at all from my 17HMR :D

Shot the next at about 70 yards and blew its side out :P

Martin

Funny you should say that pard, as I notice the same thing in my 223 with 52g A-Max. I was happy with V-Max and you know how it is someone said try theses they work really well, so I did but the closer the fox was the less damage the bullet made so I went back to the V-Max. Maybe someone somewhere has tested this and can give us some real info on this theory.

Archived