Scottish Labour in league with the Scottish National Party

shotgun sam

I contacted all my MSP’s about the airgun consultation I have received a reply from one of the Labour MSP’s on all of their behalf’s. Scottish Labour supports the motion for airgun control in Scotland.

Also attached to the e-mail was a copy of a letter sent to the Labour MSP from the minister for injustice as another of her constituents had enquired about it.

The minister for injustice’s letter dated the 16th August 2013 states that the consultation had attracted over 1000 responses I am sure that the number was way above that level on that day either that or they are using seasonally adjusted figures (fudged). That would be an interesting one for the press to follow up.

The minister for injustice also states “The consultation was a valuable exercise in highlighting issues and drawing out concerns around the high –level proposals set out in the paper.

However this was not a consultation about the principle of air weapon licensing. I have been clear from the outset that licensing will happen. This is in line with the commitment made in the 2011 SNP election manifesto, which is referred to in the paragraph one of the consultation paper.”

Archived