sierra blitz 1345

hughes.s

Thanks,

Ditto with the spsx,

I do not know what speed the sierra fly apart, what I have found out is they are a "lightly jacketed bullet should be used only in "conventional twist rate barrels (1x12" or 1x14"). It's use in fast twist rate barrels can result in bullet disintegration in mid-air"

Sierra recomend for 1 in 12 / 1 in 14.

I"ll hang on a bit some one may have a definitive speed for 1 in 9, failing that i"ll dispose of them, I do not need any ventilation holes in the mod.

Hughes.s

hi buddy googled them and first thing that came up was a guy running them in a 22 250 and a swift up to 3700 with no problems didnt state what twist.why dont you try them with the mod off to check their ok .if they do come apart it will be mid air anyway

Has any body used these in a 1 in 9 twist barrell, I thought I had a bargin buy but have discoverd they may fly apart. My current 55g blitzkings are running at 2950 fps.

I rather think these were 'meant' for 1 in 14 twist 222s at about 2800fps....results may well be variable in fast twist/velocity 224s...my then 222 didn't much like 55s,loved 52s,so I didn't persevere with the 55s.But they should plink ok at reduced velocity,at least.Bullets usually disintegrate about 50 yards out,but I would not risk a mod,as you say,even if tested without mod first...it just takes one....!

Gbal

'

Hughes.s

Archived