falcon optics

hi there guys i put a thred up here a few months ago about falcon optics and have now purchased one of there scopes see below the 10x44 menace scope with the ES LONG RANGE MIL DOT

menacemetturretstn.jpg

menacemetreartn.jpg

menacemoatn.jpg

i have put this scope on the .222 rem and after taking her out for a quick test fire all i can say is that i am going to be replacing the rest of my scopes with the falcon optics range,

i put them agenst a s&b and my mates leupold and we were both gobsmacked by the clarity of this scope it was by far a lot clearer than the s&b and dam near as good as my mates leupold 4.5x14 vx-III

i then mounted it onto the .222 and fired a round at 25 yards to adjust the windage after a couple of shots she was bob on now out to 50 yards and shot the box using 5 clicks up then 5 clicks right then 5 clicks down and lastley 5 clicks left and she was spot on so out to 100 yards and set the elervation for this range as my zero. fired a few more rounds to make sure she was spot on then out to play at 300 yards.

the windage and elervation turrets are of a good size and can be turned with gloves on there is a very noticable "click" between each movment and you can also feel the movment the side paralex is also very good i put marker posts out to 700 yards and measured the distance with a survay wheel and give or take a nats wisker she is also very good there are nice clear markings on all three of the turrets and are set up in such a way that you can read the numbers with out to much disturbance to the rest of the rig when in the aim.

in my opinion this scope is probably the best scope on the market at the moment for the price and what a price £200 you get so much packed into this scope that i would have payed three times the amount and would still not have been disapointed.

the only thing i can say that i dont like about this scope is the flip up covers that come with it mine are now in the bin they were crap the rear cover used to close after fireing a shot and they were very flimsey so a pair of butler creeks are on there way below is a table of the data for the scope

i would say to any of you who are looking at scopes at the moment that you wont go wrong if you decide to put a falcon on your rig they come with a good warranty and cost a fraction of the price of other scopes in this sort of range and the cherry on the top is that they are from good old blighty made by an english company so i am only to pleased to support this country dwindling shooting suppliers

hope this review has been of some help to some of you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reticle Choices

Skeleton Mil Dot

MP-20

Enhanced Skeleton Long Range Mil Dot

Milradian Accurate @ 10X

Menace Metric Tube Diameter

30mm

Objective Lens Diameter

42mm. Recessed lens housing for added protection courtesy of

built in 50mm sunshade

Lens Specification

Premium grade optical glass ground from selected quality blanks.

Custom lens coatings applied to 100% of each lens surface in a

series of layers (true fully multi-coating process).

System Light Transmission - 92%

Parallax Setting

Side focus from 10-1000y, infinity. (1/4 MOA models)

Side focus from 10-1000m, infinity. (Metric 1cm click models)

Menace 1/4 MOA Windage and Elevation

MOA Models - 1/4MOA per click. 15MOA per turret revolution. Total

elevation = 120MOA

Metric Models - 1cm @ 100m per click. 60cm @ 100m per turret

revolution. Total elevation = 3.6m @ 100m

Turret Specification

Menace 1/4 MOA RearTactical Sniper. Raised

Finish

Black Matte

Length

360mm (14.2")

Weight

709g

Field of view @ 100yds

14.8 feet

Menace Metric TurretsExtras

Sunshade x 1

Flip Up Lens Covers

• 1 month later...

hi there guys you can find falcon on http://www.falconoptics.co.uk/ but they only sell to wholesailers so i went through uttings.

i have one on my .222 and my .243 now and they just dont move anywhere apart from where you dial them glad some of you found the review helpfull

Archived