N140 max loads

Shootist

I've seen quite a few references on this board to Viht N140 loads for .308 of around 46 grains with 155 grain bullets. Quickload suggests that this load exceeds normal case capacity and so would be a compressed load. Quickload also gives warnings of over-pressure. Before I venture into this territory I would appreciate the opinions of those who use, or have used and backed off, such loads.

I shoot this load in .308, 155g Amax seated 2.850 coal, BR2 primer, lapua case, averages 2779 fps out of a 24 " barrel, no pressure signs in my Sako 75.

As ever different in each rifle so work up. This load is used all year in my rifle.

Hi what range do you shoot your 155gn A-max out to?

Would the 155gn A-max get out to 1000 yards? or would I need the 178gn A-max to get there?

Is TR140 be ok for 155 & 178gn A-max out to 1000?

Rick

Wouldn't use amax in 155g for 1000yrds, scenar or berger in that weight, depends what your rifle will shoot, never used TR140 but have heard good things about it, close to N140 but not exact match.

Wouldn't use amax in 155g for 1000yrds, scenar or berger in that weight, depends what your rifle will shoot, never used TR140 but have heard good things about it, close to N140 but not exact match.

Would the 155gn A-max get out to 1000 yards? or would I need the 178gn A-max to get there?

Is TR140 be ok for 155 & 178gn A-max out to 1000?

Rick

Rick,read Laurie (holland's) postsb,recentlly in this forum (and back issues of Target Sports) for the best informed advice about 1000 yard 308 bullets and powders.He is the man.Done it,measured it,and can tell it.

A US source is Accurate Shooter site.Be aware bullet shape is just as/more crucial than bullet weight in the sense that two 155's of differing make(shape) may not be equivalent-one might actually be very good,the other poor at 1000-that is just not a big issue at 5/600-but it is when you close in on the transonic zones.around 850/900+ yards.Read Laurie.Use his recommendations. You can fiddle when you have a confident load sorted.!

Gbal

Gba

Archived