replacement bulbs

They had the same type 12V two pronged halogen bulbs in aldi the other day for about 90p each, was going to stock up but couldnt remeber which wattage i needed, look around hardwarestores as the bulbs in lightforce lamps are the same as some of the halogen ceiling lamps and can be picked up far cheaper that the likes of deben etc

Guest varmartin

They are not the same ..140 and 170 are different , the ones you want have a vertical filament !!! for a round spot not an oval one...be careful buying cheep ones lads... ;)

I got mine from a member on here . or Ebay link

Martin

Varmartin is right the lamping bulbs are Projector bulbs, which have the verrtical element and are Xenon not halogen and much better quality, I have done ok buying them off the online photo stores, although slides are going out of fashion now ;) but usually pay 3.50 - 3.90 for them.

redfox

They are not the same ..140 and 170 are different , the ones you want have a vertical filament !!! for a round spot not an oval one...be careful buying cheep ones lads... ;)

I got mine from a member on here . or Ebay link

Martin

Martin, does this member still supply these bulbs and if so who????? :lol:

I bought the same bulbs in the same store last year, and they are no where near as bright. My lamp will not reach out anything like 200 yds let alone 400 yds. False economy :(

Are you referring to the ALDI bulbs??

Archived