new remy 1 fox 0

simon6ppc

hi guys, we got our pheasants poults yesterday,after we got them settled in i went to check out an old fox hole a bit to close for comfort to be honest,as i got there i got that lovely fox smell with a chicken leg and some lambs ear tags out side,last week it was empty so they must have just moved in, so i went back at 8.30pm with wind in my face to wait and see if any thing would show with my new rifle,after an hour and half of midges attacking me this old lad just nice and calm just walked his way back to the hole,i was only 70 yard away due to the trees and bushes in the way so as he walked through the cross hairs i just pulled the trigger because at that range if he see me he would be gone,it was no range for my new vssf 22.250 but this was a job not a long range accuracy test,any way was worth the wait, cheers simon...

post-11287-0-92799400-1373190687_thumb.jpg

One less to worry about. Was he feeding anything else or on his own.

at the min not just sure pal, but my other keeper mate shot a biggish cub in the afternoon with a shot gun,i do sense there will be others so going to keep our eyes on it,this year where we live for some reason the foxes have been every were, our pheasant pen is fox proof with an electric fence etc so see what happens,,with rifle and cage trap we have had 15 foxes in just over 2 month, cheers simon...

My ground seems fairly devoid this year the usual earth's are unused. only problem is towns on two sides and adjoining farm where I can only recover a wounded or dead fox. The lapwing's have done a lot better this year.

Archived