No.50 of the year

nemasis243

Been very busy on the old charlies the last few weeks and now that lambing has started the phone is red hot ;)

I always keep a log of where , what the conditions were like , state of the moon even down to the calls that worked that night.

I havent had a lot of success the past week or two with calling ,it just seems that with all the new lambs about the foxes dont want to know :)

Last night though was a different matter, did a few farms shooting the odd one or two then did the last place and had a cll for about 15mins,

Then they started comming , they come into the field all at the same spot and took the same line up the field towards the call, let the first one come into about 60yrds and let him have it and shot all the rest in about 5yrds of him, :rolleyes:

I had two dogs and two vixons and after inspection none of the vixons were in pup, the last vixon I shot was number 50 this year so far , so not bad going since 1st of Jan.

Got a night off tonight as I got to go down to Plymouth in the mornig so its an early start, but the good thing is I am gonna look at a new rifle on the way home :rolleyes::rolleyes:13022008047.jpg

Thats a lot of fox's ,i know some lads that wont shoot that all year ,must be intresting to look back at the log over the years and see where and when produces the best results

Archived