early morning fox

foxshot

dscf0012kc9.jpg

had a look out this morning over the border for a ratch ,the first fox was shot just after first light he spoted us and away he went but made the mistake of having one last look before heading of to the forestry big mistake took him out at 152 yds ,the next fox was spoted with the bins in some long white grass couldnt take the shot from where i was so stalked to a good shooting point ,he was in cover and totaly unaware of my presence hunting for mice most of the time he could not be seen because the grass was that long ,every now and then lifting its head eventualy after about ten mins he presented himself with a clean neck/head shot astalavista fox down he went on the spot ranged at 84 yds , also took a couple of crows out at a tad past 200

Nice going there foxshot :o :o

Good to hear you had a good time and nice weather for you too by the look of the photo!!!!!!!!!

All the best..............

RAY................. :D :D

yeah nice going there, look like 2 decent lumps, Glad to see someone is getting out, I didnt get out all last week, hopefully I will get out this week though and have some pics to post, I have had 2 phonecalls about foxes so i will have to go inspect the grounds tommorow night make sure they are ok for c/f. Happy Hunting, just out of interest dog/vixen?

These were the scrufiest fox's i have shot both were dogs the one on the right looked like he had a bit of mange and was geting over it

PANTHER there was a time when pelts were sold but nowadays i dont think they are worth any money and the hassel so they just get threw out of the way in cover

Guest 308Panther
PANTHER there was a time when pelts were sold but nowadays i dont think they are worth any money and the hassel so they just get threw out of the way in cover

Here they can be worth up to $50......and thats a prime pelt

308Panther

Guest 308Panther
Wana buy some fox pelts Panther cheap :lol::P

If I was more up to date on import laws on green hides and had a reliable contact for peddling them I would so no problem....

Last fall some family and freinds went up to Canada doin some 'Bou huntin...they came back limited out...everybody in their party shot their limit...They had to rent a U Haul trailer to bring back the heads and hides...They got stopped at the border and had to hand over the heads for CWD testing...They were p+ssed to say the least.

308Panther

If I was more up to date on import laws on green hides and had a reliable contact for peddling them I would so no problem....

Last fall some family and freinds went up to Canada doin some 'Bou huntin...they came back limited out...everybody in their party shot their limit...They had to rent a U Haul trailer to bring back the heads and hides...They got stopped at the border and had to hand over the heads for CWD testing...They were p+ssed to say the least.

308Panther

sounds like they had a great time hunting untill they got to the border i bet they were p****d ,fortunatly we dont have the same type of problem but also dont have the range of shooting you guys have ,bow hunting is one thing i would like to experience

Archived