anyone used gen 3 add on with either nightforce nxs or S&B PMII ?

silent_varmintor

Hey lads, just as the title says, anyone used GEN3 with either make of scope, planning on doing a scope upgrade soon and want to know which will work good with gen 3 as well as being really good for daytime/dusk/dawn.
Will be going on a custom 6.5x47 Lapua.
cheers

In the past I tried gen 3 add ons with Nightforce scope and I was not impressed, I found mid range scopes better, however recently purchased a gen 2 Sworo Z6(not the I ) have a 5-30/50 Z6 gen2. Its really good with add on NV.

We tried most scopes although not the above smit and found the 6-24x50 IOR by far and away the best scope we tried.

Ive used swaro 6-24x50 a lot with the archer which was excellent, recently been using 5-25x56 pm2 p4lf which i thought would be too fine but is actually spot on. I did try a leupold 4.4-15x50 side px which is what starlight reccomend and found it rubbish. My thoughts are starlight have steered away from some high end scopes which work really well, for whatever reason i dont know. Perhaps to make the longbow in day mode more appealing. I was shooting rabbits the other night (some moonlight) out too 300m. The laser wasnt in full effect because of the ambient light levels but the archer was working really well on the pm2

All very good info there lads, sounds like i shall be steering away from the NightForce scope then and looking towards the PMII, I have also heard just a couple hours ago that Swaro scopes are meant to be quite good along side the Gen3 Add ons. I use a Bushnell Elite on the .223 at the mo which i thought was really good, until i recently got a MTC Mamba for my .22 semi auto and it is amazing with the Gen3 Archer.

Ive also got this thread going on a couple other forums to try get a average of peoples thoughts, a couple have came up regarding the 6.5x47 being too much recoil for NV add on. Whats your thoughts on this point guys ? Ive not had a chance to shoot a 6.5x47 et so dont know what the recoil feels like but surely it cant be that much different to the .223, the 6.5 will be suppressed.

My pm2 sits on a .308, ive also used the archer on 22-250, .243, 6.5x47 and 25-06.

25-06 suffered from excessive muzzle flash which meant sight picture loss and second shots difficult as archer took time to recover.

6.5x 47 would be no problem, however consider bullet type, grazing angles and backstop. Light frangiable bullets are obviously safer than deer/target bullets, common sense really when launching around the countryside at night.

Archived