CHARLIE GOT HIS OWN BACK

nemasis243

Had a couple of days off work so this afternoon went down to a sheep farm which is located on an dissused air field.

There is a cracking spot for using the electronic call in the daytime,which is on top of an old air raid shelter which looks from a distance like a bank about 10ft high with a flat top and coverd all in grass and looks out onto 400yrds of trash.

I have set up here many times before and had good success over the years,learning a few things along the way.As there are a few bunnies running about the lanes on the approach road which is about half amile long I tend to shoot one and panch it up on the top of the shelter and use it as a form of scent cover and attractant for anything comming in down wind of me. :D Its a shame there are no rabbits on the old camp as you could get some nice shots from there.

Anyway put the call about 100yrds out,its a U caller not the best but for the times I use it seems to work now and again, put the Hare screech on and let it do its thing.

Got back up onto my vantage point and got the rifle set up ,laying in my ghillie suit and eyes peelled for any movement.

After about 20mins a shape was moving behind a gorse bush about 300yrds away and seemed to be making its way very slowly towards the caller .

I just lay there not wanting to give him any reason not to join the party B)

I was in the zone wanting this charlie to keep comming right down the garden path onto the end of the barrel. :D

I was thinking to myself "come on you little F******R I got something for you to chew on .

Then it happened and I nearly** that which promotes growth and vigour ** myself :P , I had been so caught up in watching this fox , that another had come onto the bank and brushed passed me within 3ft away and was heading for the Rabbit I had cut open,

All I saw was a charlie dart to my right and the tail wagging as I was looking at its ass,

At this point I did swear,{quite loudly} as it did take me by surprise and charlie next to me didnt even look to see what the niose was he just bolted snatching the Rabbit as he passed it, as for the other fox didnt see that one again. :o

What a plonker I thought , but had to laugh when I thought about it. :o

At this point I then decided to call it a day :( , But all I can say is look out tonight as its " REVENGE TIME " B)

Good read pard, I'm sure you will have your day :o When you use your U Caller do you leave it on or do you keep switching it on and off? I ask because I have one and have had some success, but not often enough, so it's good to know how others use it. I think the time of the year makes a difference also.

Archived