Custom stock options for Tikka 590 .308

Crosshair

My friend is in the process of getting his .308 up together at last and he's thinking he'd quite like a custom stock on it.

He has no idea how much he'll have to pay so was just wondering what his options are and how much they'll cost?

Cheers for now,

Andrew

The older Tikka's can be difficult to find stocks for, I got a Richards Microfit laminate from the states. I had to pay extra fro the M595 inlet and even then they forgot to inlet for the recoil lug, when It arrived I was unimpressed as it resembled a fencepost. Luckily my neighbour is a chippy, he let me use (well I watched) his mortice machine which sorted the recoil inlet and let me use his random orbit sander to finish , if I had to do it by hand I would still be sanding and crying. After a lot of work I'm very happy with the end result, delivered here worked out about £130 A better option might be a Boyds uninlet stock, you can get these for about £60, the general finish is way better than the richards but you will need to be confident to do the inlet. Joe West stocks have a good name but I have no experience of them personally. Jackson rifles might have a synthetic in stock if you check their website.

I very often buy in blanks from McMillan especially for rifles that you cant get stocks for such as yours. McMillan dont do every inlet thats out there so using blanks solves this problem.

Archived