Afternoon Stalk

I had an invite from a friend for some stalking, Fallow/Roe doe/Muntjac were the intended quarry.

Arrived at the farm at 1:30pm, and caught up on what i had been up to since the last time we met up, nearly 4 years ago(i moved to scotland). We got talking about all things shooting, and it was nice to catch up on some new events.

Because of the very wet weather we have had the Deer have not been so willing to show themselves, and as such the Doe cull is a bit behind, so a few more trips will be organised over the next few weeks.

The plan was my other mate would be in a high seat in one part of the ground while we went over to a patch that some Fallow were spotted on yesterday, and i would be placed in a high seat, and was told to shoot as many muntjac/fallow as i saw, and if any Roe showed up to take them also.

I was in my highseat by 3pm, with a south westerly wind, which was not the best, but hey we can't do anything about the wind. I was comfy and was scanning the ground with my Leica rangefinder, getting some ranges and noting them before something came out, the furthest bit being 200 yards, so i had a good field of view and a :P good maximum range.

It was now 4pm and scanning with the bino's i spotted some movement in the edge of the wood, a nice young Fallow doe, she came out and walked closer, 120 yards she stopped broadside, i placed the cross-hairs on her chest and squeezed off my shot, she dropped on the spot, i quiclky reloaded and waited, no movement. I waited a bit before getting out of the highseat incase another one showed itself, but nothing. Performing the gralloch i dragged her to the lane and rang my friend to be collected.

DSC00009.jpg

So nice to be back on old ground, and to bag something as well, just can't wait to get back over there for some Roe/Muntjac

Nice one kip....

A very enjoyable afternoon i see!!!!!!!!!!

All the best................

RAY................................ :lol::P

Archived