New High Seat

Having decided to put a high seat up in our shoots wood I’ve been looking around for a good priced metal framed one rather than building a wooden one which will only rot in time. The cheapest I could find in the UK was £99 including delivery from the Sportsman Gun Centre so I checked out Cabela’s web site in the USA & found this one for $79.99 plus $35.00 delivery giving a total of $114.99.

With an exchange rate of 1.98 I paid £58.00 & got charge a further £10.00 VAT on entry to the UK, a total of £68.00. I ordered it on the 24th January & it arrived on the 30th. brilliant service & it’s a very well made high seat as well, easy to assemble & with removable padded shooting rail, seat cushions & padded arm rests it should last for years. :D

Just got to get a length of good chain & a padlock now as I heard in the pub last night we’ve had 3 seats stolen from Wytham Woods opposite our village & that’s with a full time ranger living on site! :):)

Chris

s7_418327_imageset_01.jpg

I have the high seat from the sportsman and for the money it's great. I did try to get one from Cabelas but they wouldn't send one so just check with them first to see if they will post. The only thing with the Sportsmans seat is the powder coat paint was thin so I hammerited it then put a coat of Hunters Green Plastie coat on it, came ot a treat, the other thing, my wife made a cusion for it as a long spell in it give you a sore butt just sitting on the wood.

Archived